Friday, January 10, 2014

um...

I haven't written on the thing in forever, and I know I always say that I am going to keep up with it, and I don't.  Whatevs, I'm a busy little 28 year old.  So, what's going on in life right now? Well, I'm working two jobs and training for a half marathon in the middle of February, and living the life that has been placed in front of me.

I haven't done any paintings or taken many pictures in a while, I miss it.

I actually had a conversation with a really good friend of mine last night that sometimes I just want to be 'unavailable'.  In a world that revolves around social media and technology, it is really nice sometimes to just disconnect and be within your own head.  Like how we used to be growing up.  My mom would throw me in the backyard and tell me to "find something to do".  It caused us to become creative individuals and use our imaginations instead of our toys to expand our minds.  [..back to the convo...] So my friend said that it would be nice to just get away from her phone, but that when she got bored, she would just pick up her phone and eventually want to talk to someone and fill that mini "void".  I countered by saying that I don't think I could.  I would want to "find something [else] to do" instead of turning on my phone.  Like PAINT SOMETHING or read a book or go outside and take some pictures.  I feel like the millennial generation needs to get back to that.  We are too connected.  We aren't private enough.  Sometimes I think we need to be.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my twitter, instagram, Facebook and my tumblr, but when you get to a point that you are doing it just to do it and you actually aren't learning anything, it's time to [in the words of my dear Liz Lemon] "SHUT IT DOWN".  I think this is something I am going to try and do in the new year, along with reading the new books I keep buying and not reading and talking to my family on the reg.

thanks for reading my weird thoughts of the day.  Who knows when i'll be back.  May be tomorrow, may be next year.  Til next time, CU L8R!

xoTW

No comments: